Curriculum

A NEW Pinterest Tip for Lightning Quick Lesson Planning

new pinterst tip

Summer break is kind of like a dream. I can wake up whenever I want, lounge in my pj’s all day, and pretty much have all the time in the world to accomplish my to-do list. Then the school year hits. Suddenly the alarm clock becomes my worst enemy. I have to start remembering what day of the week it is, and the clock never seems to give me enough time to accomplish everything listed in my planner.

Some time ago, I was burning the midnight oil scouring my Pinterest boards for projects. I was trying to note which projects I wanted to try by writing down descriptions and blog names in my lesson planner. It was taking me forever! I knew I needed to do something to make my pins useful and to protect my time.

An idea started formulating in my head.

I printed my Pinterest board and started cutting out all of my pins. Then, I sorted the pins into grade-level piles. I placed all of the pins into baggies, labeled them, and clipped them to my lesson plan book. Every time I went to plan out a lesson I just looked through my printed pins, selected one, and taped it in my planner.

Pinterest3

Pinterest2

This process has helped me save loads of time, because I no longer need to spend hours sifting through hundreds of pins online looking for the ones I want. It takes a bit of time to initially start this process, but now all I have to do is peel the tape off the back of the pin, put it back in the baggie, and wait to start planning for the next school year. If you decide to try this method, you can even add new pins to your baggie every year. What a time saver!

What time savers do you use when planning for your classes?

How do you utilize your Pinterest boards?

Jennifer Borel

Jennifer Borel is one of AOEU’s Adjunct Instructors and Academic Advisors and a former AOEU Writer and elementary art educator. She runs her own photography business and is passionate about students exploring the medium.

More from Jennifer