AOE LIVE: Episode 14: “Turning Small Projects into Big Movements” with Nic Hahn

AOE-LIVE-NARROW

Art Teaching Superstar Nic Hahn, an elementary teacher from Minnesota, stopped by the show to offer up her expertise on a variety of subjects. Tim and Andrew talked to her about Artist Trading Card Swaps, her Mini Matisse blog, and the idea of Social Media as Professional Development. Most importantly, the three of them dove into how the little things we do as teachers can have a big impact and create even bigger connections to the world around us.

WATCH NOW:

LISTEN NOW:

PODCAST via iTUNES

iTunes

LINKS:

Here are a few of the articles discussed and a few other gems from the Art of Ed:

• If you loved listening to Nic, her Mini Matisse blog is a great resource!
  • If you’re into Artist Trading Cards or just want an explanation of how they work, take a look at this introduction Nic wrote.
  • The artist trading cards can be used for a critical thinking exercise, and also as a great way to start your year.
  • The Artist Trading Card Swap is well underway: check out the latest update.
  • A lot of people were fascinated by the Art Teacher Swap as well. You can see Nic’s articles about that experience here.
  • Check out Nic’s favorite digital portfolio sites, Creatubbles and SeeSaw.
  • And lastly, don’t forget to drop in on Nic’s favorite PD, the #K12ArtChat on Thursdays!
  •  
    AOE LIVE episode 14

AOE LIVE episode 14

AOE LIVE episode 14

AOE LIVE episode 14

Check out artofed.dev/aoelive for details on our next upcoming show!

Jessica Balsley is the Founder and President at AOE. She is passionate about helping art teachers enhance their lives and careers through relevant professional development.

• HipWaldorf

Love this podcast! Thanks for taking the time and effort to run these. I just subscribed so I don’t miss any.

• We’re so happy you’re enjoying them! Thanks so much for subscribing!

• Andrew McCormick

So I have idea… I initially wanted to opt out of the conference this year as I was feeling a bit burned out. But I’m newly getting way into 3D printing and I’ve been using it with my tech and art kids. I can talk about a great work horse printer that is easy to understand, where to buy ink, and all the different apps and software one could use. Then I can talk about some specific things I’ve learned, what went well what didn’t.

• Andrew McCormick

Awesome! Glad you’re digging it and thank you for subscribing!