Professional Learning

Positivity and Everyday Inspiration with Romero Britto

Interview with Britto

Romero Britto is an international artist known around the world for his paintings and sculptures featuring bold lines, vibrant colors, and a hopeful outlook on life. He has exhibited his work around the world, painted portraits for royalty, and worked with some of the biggest companies on the planet.Romero BrittoWhat you might not know is that those works are a direct reflection of his personality. Britto is relentlessly optimistic, and he is determined to make his artwork a positive influence on those who view it. We have always appreciated this approach and outlook, which is why we are proud to announce Romero Britto will be a featured presenter at our Summer 2016 Art Ed Now Online Conference on July 14th!

In fact, he has a message just for you!

http://theartofed.wistia.com/medias/m1v97x0xtb?embedType=async&seo=false&videoFoam=true&videoWidth=640

In his conference presentation, Britto’s energetic and engaging personality will shine through as he discusses his feelings about people copying his own art style, being and staying inspired despite his busy schedule, and how he became an artist. ​He will also share some tips for teachers to stay positive even when they feel negative.

If you can’t wait until July 14th, you’re in luck! Romero Britto dropped in for an exclusive interview with Tim on Art Ed Radio. You can give it a listen here. Check out some of the highlights below.

Britto on His Early Days as an Artist:
“I loved doing drawings. I used to do drawings in everything I put my hands on, like notebooks, books from the school. At that time, my mother used to tell me, ‘Don’t do so many drawings in the notebooks because there’s no more money to be buying notebooks!'”

On Waking Up Inspired Every Single Day:
“The whole world is out there, and there are millions of things that you can see and that I see, and I get excited and inspired. There’s so much! There are millions of things, trillions of things out there done already from nature and from people, cities around the world, architecture, all kinds of stuff. It’s just unbelievable, the amount of things out there already that are inspiring to all of us.”

Artwork © Britto Central, Inc
Artwork © Britto Central, Inc

On His Future Art and Upcoming Projects:
“I have so many things I still want to do. There’s so much! The sky’s the limit–I actually have to contain myself because I always want to do more, more, more. I want to share more of my art in public areas, public places, sculptures in different countries, and different parts of the world. I’m going to share my work with a clothing line and all kinds of stuff for the home that I’m going to be doing, and it’s going to be sold in different parts of the world as well. It’s great!”

Britto’s ambition, positivity, and passion are truly inspiring. There will be so much to glean as he dives deep into his life and work on July 14th. Don’t miss your chance to register for the Summer 2016 Art Ed Now Conference to hear Britto and 20+ other amazing and inspiring art educators speak about the most important topics in art education today. See you there!

What are you looking forward to hearing more about from Romero Britto?

How has his work inspired you or your students?

Timothy Bogatz

Tim Bogatz is AOEU’s Content & PD Event Manager and a former AOEU Writer and high school art educator. He focuses on creativity development, problem-solving, and higher-order thinking skills in the art room.

More from Timothy