The Art of Education University believes academic integrity is essential in order to maintain the validity of all grades earned. Therefore, AOEU adheres to the highest standards when it comes to scholarly work.
All work submitted and/or presented by students must be original and must properly cite all outside inspiration. Original cited work includes, but is not limited to, individual and group assignments in written, oral, and electronic forms, as well as any artistic creations.
Plagiarism is a major form of dishonesty. Examples of plagiarism include, but are not limited to:
- Purchasing and/or deliberately taking someone else’s work and submitting it as your own.
- Incorrectly citing resources or creating fictitious resources.
- Using a direct quote without including quotation marks and/or appropriate citation.
- Submitting direct quotes as paraphrased text.
- Paraphrasing text without using the appropriate citation.
- Taking an assignment (or substantially similar assignment) completed for one course/program and submitting it to another AOEU course/program.
Review the Plagiarism Guide below for more explicit details.
Violations, Academic Probation, and Dismissal
AOEU follows the Academic Integrity Policy to determine probation and dismissal of students in courses.
Any work in violation of the Academic Integrity Policy will result in grade deductions, and/or dismissal. Violations are cumulative for the duration of the student’s tenure at the university.
- On the student’s first offense, the instructor will have the option to allow resubmission of the assignment for half credit.
- The second violation will result in zero credit for the assignment without the option of resubmission.
- Any additional violations will lead to a failing grade, dismissal from the course(s) enrolled, documentation as an administrative withdrawal (AW) on the student record, and a refund according to the Transfer, Withdrawal, and Tuition Reimbursement Policy.
Students should consult their instructor with questions regarding the policy.
If you have specific questions or concerns not addressed here, contact email@example.com for clarification.