Student Complaint and Grievance Policy

The Art of Education University is committed to hearing the concerns of its students.

  1. Any student who has a complaint or grievance with an instructor, an individual assignment grade, or a final course grade should first address those concerns directly with the course instructor.
  2. If a resolution is not reached or the grievance is in reference to any other issue within the university, students may file an official complaint using the Grievance and Complaint Form. The request will be reviewed and responded to within ten business days. The student may be contacted for additional information during the review process.
  3. If a student is not satisfied with the results of the official complaint response, the student may appeal the decision by contacting the university’s Chief Academic Officer (CAO)  at and requesting an additional review. All CAO decisions are final.

The Art of Education University and its degree program are accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC). Students whose concerns are related to areas of noncompliance with DEAC standards and policies may address their concerns directly with the DEAC by completing this form. The DEAC is recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) and is listed by the U.S. Department of Education as a recognized accrediting agency. A student or any member of the public may leave a complaint about this institution with the DEAC by calling 202.234.5100 or submitting written correspondence to:

Distance Education Accrediting Commission
1101 17th Street, N.W., Suite 808
Washington, D.C. 20036

The Art of Education University is registered by the Iowa College Student Aid Commission to operate in Iowa and to participate in the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements (NC-SARA). NC-SARA is a voluntary, regional approach to state oversight of postsecondary distance education. In addition to the university student complaint procedure, students may contact the Iowa College Student Aid Commission at 877.272.4456 or use the following URL:

Additional policy information may be found in the current edition of the Graduate Catalog.

If you have specific questions or concerns not addressed here, contact for clarification.