You must be logged-in in order to download this resource. If you do not have an AOE account, create one now. If you already have an account, please login.Login Create Account
Great! you’re all signed in. Click to download your resource.Download
Due to specific regulations in , AOE is not currently enrolling students in your state. We apologize, but at this time you can not move forward with course enrollment. Let us know if you have any questions. Please contact us with any questions.
Level: Middle School Art Education Lesson Plan
Art Elements: Shape, Space
Art Skills: Drawing, Cutting
Art History: Keith Haring
* Get more free lessons like this, on our Lessons Page
With his bright colors and simple figures, Keith Haring is always a crowd favorite. Students will love coming up with poses for their own simple figures. This lesson can be extended and connected to so many different things. Check out 4 ideas below!
1. Pair this lesson with a field trip to your local sculpture garden.
2. Discuss the human form in motion by tying this lesson to the Olympics during appropriate years.
3. Hone in on positive and negative space by using this lesson as a starting point for a unit with more complex lessons.
4. Take this lesson from 2D to 3D with wire sculptures. Twisteez Wire is perfect for students as it bends effortlessly. Once again, Twisteez Wire will be including a special surprise in the SWAG boxes for the Winter 2016 Online Conference. But remember, only the first 1,500 registrants get one. Sign up today!
This great Art Ed lesson plan is 100% FREE to download! Use it in your classroom and share with your colleagues. For more free lessons like this one, visit our Lessons Page and download them all!