Hi there! I am Kristina Brown. I am an artist, photographer, and art educator based in North Texas. I discovered AOEU when I first began my teaching career as an elementary art teacher in 2015. The lesson plans and resources helped me tremendously, especially as a first-year teacher. I’m currently teaching AP Art, Photography, and Graphic Design at the secondary level.
My roles at AOEU have been presenting at the 2022 NOW Winter Conference, presenting and co-hosting at the 2023 NOW Summer Conference, and contracting as a writer for their marketing department. I was also a guest on the podcast with Tim Bogatz. I am super excited for my new journey as part of the Magazine Writing Team.
As an artist, my current series of work explores my culture as a Filipina-American. I am also a portrait and assistant wedding photographer. When I am not in the classroom, I enjoy gardening, family movie nights, or building Legos with my husband and daughter.
- Master of Arts in Art Education, The Art of Education University | Expected Graduation Date 2024
- Bachelor of Fine Arts in Photography, The Univerisity of North Texas | 2014
- K-12 EC Art
- 2021: PDK International: Anna (Digital Illustration/Photography)
- 2021: EMS PROUD, Eagle Mountain Saginaw Community Magazine – EMS Foundation Education
- 2021: Texas Mental Health Creative Arts Calendar – Motherhood (Digital Illustration)
- 2020: WFAA #UpWithHer, Interview with Kara Sewell
- 2019: I Want to Go – Front Cover and Interior Illustrations
- 2018: Veiled Ignite – Front Cover Illustration
- 2022 – 2023 Teacher of the Year, Boswell High School
- 2021: 21st Century Learning Grant – EMS ISD Education Foundation – $10,000
- 2019: Educational Learning Grant – EMS ISD Education Foundation – $1,000