Haley ParkerAssociate Professor & Admissions Counselor
I taught art in public schools for seven years when I found AOEU at the end of 2016. I had recently moved from Virginia (where I was teaching) to Iowa (where AOEU is located). I began teaching in public schools in Iowa when I was introduced to AOEU and fell completely in love. This was exactly what art education needed, and I wanted to be a part of it. I was introduced to Jessica Balsley through a friend, where I talked about my passion for painting and drawing (my areas of expertise) and applied for a position as soon as one opened up in 2017.
I am one of five girls in my family from a small town in Southern Virginia. I have always had a passion for art and pursued it with enthusiasm with encouragement from strong mentors along the way. As I wanted to share my passion with young minds, I began teaching art, only to discover that I wasn’t finished with my own education. I went back to school to get my MFA and painted to my heart’s content (it still isn’t).
I made a big life change and moved to the midwest, where I continued teaching art and met AOEU. I am still exploring my love for art—paintbrush in hand—hoping to encourage and inspire anyone on any kind of art journey to do the same!
- AOEU Graduate Team (2020)
- AOEU Team Award, Faculty of the Year (2020)
- Teacher Licensure, (Art PK-12) Iowa, Iowa Board of Educational Examiners (2017)
- Master of Fine Arts with a concentration in painting and drawing, Academy of Art University – San Francisco, CA (2015)
- Teacher Licensure, (Art PK – 12) Virginia, Roanoke College – Salem, VA (2008)
- Bachelor of Fine Arts, Roanoke College – Salem, VA (2007)
Posts by Haley
Looks like Haley hasn't posted any articles yet.