Managing A High School Art Room
San Fransico, CA
One of the biggest challenges I face is high-energy, off-task behavior. I expect each class to start off focused and end focused. At CAT, we call these “Strong Start” and “Focused Finish.” Often, especially when instruction is over a few minutes, keeping every student engaged and focused on the discussion/slideshow at the front of the room is challenging.
- Read the case study: Managing the High School Art Room
2. Watch the video: Engaging High School Students with Matt Christensen
3. Download and review the handout: Engaging Students and Managing the High School Lesson
4. Watch the video: Derailing Management Challenges with Matt Christensen
5. Download and review the handout: How to Establish a Positive Environment
6. Return to our course discussion board.