Printmaking Materials List
In lieu of a textbook for this course, we have provided a list of materials for you to obtain in order to complete your hands-on assignments. Some of these materials you may already own or may be able to obtain from your school. Others you may need to purchase or order. Below you will see three lists: Required, Found Objects, and Optional. Some harder-to-find materials are linked to supply stores in this handout to help you as you acquire supplies. Please note: Any links are included for your convenience only. Feel free to order or purchase supplies anywhere you wish.
It is strongly recommended that you read the entire syllabus and look through the materials lists early on in the class to ensure you have everything you need for each of the weekly assignments!
The following materials are required for this course. Many of these items will be used multiple times throughout the course as well.
- Printing Ink (at least 2 colors – your choice)
- Inking tray
- 1 EZ Carve Block or Linoleum Block (any size)
- Linoleum Cutter: U and V tips
- Please note: If you don’t have many of these printmaking supplies listed above, you can save by purchasing the Speedball Printmaking Starter Kit instead.
- 1 Mono Printing Gelli Plate (any size)
- Acrylic Paint (at least 2 colors – your choice)
- White 90lb+ Paper
- 3 Pack Magic Rub Erasers
This list includes materials that you may need to use throughout the duration of the course. These materials might be found in your home, school or at a local hardware or craft store.
- Adhesives (your choice: Elmer’s glue, tacky glue, hot glue)
- Thin Cardboard Chipboard – stiff cardboard (cereal, Kleenex boxes)
- Corrugated Cardboard
- Fabric Scraps
- Foam Pieces
- Bubble Wrap
- Other thin found objects/materials
This list includes materials that you may want to consider depending upon the assignment path and unique projects you choose to complete.
- Thin Plastic Stencils
- Purchased or Found Texture tools
- X-ACTO Knives (secondary only)
- 90lb+ Colored Paper
- Packing Tape (clear)
- Laserjet Printout
- Frisket / Rubber Cement
- Small Spray Bottle
- Stamp Pad
- Masking Tape