Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
Several types of information are collected from and about users of the Website, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as your name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, social security number (if requesting college credit), credit card number, or any other information collected that is defined as personal or personally identifiable information under applicable law (“Personal Information”); and/or
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through the Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the Website, making a purchase through the Website, posting material, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with the Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we may ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through the Website.
- Your search queries on the Website.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of the Website, or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with the Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to the Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and may include personal information. It helps us to improve our website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize the website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to the Website.
- Comply with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act and other applicable laws.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of the Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on the Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
This information is valuable to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and additionally, for the following reasons:
- to process and fulfill orders and provide you with information, products, and services that you request from us;
- internal record keeping;
- to improve products and services;
- for promotional emails about new products, special offers, or other information which you may find helpful;
- to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it;
- to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection;
- to notify you about changes to the Website or to any products or services offered or provided through it;
in any other way described to you when you provide the information;
- for any other lawful purpose.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- to our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- to other users of the Website, such as instructors, and other users that you authorize to access your information using the Website;
- to contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them;
- to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of AOE’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about the Website users is among the assets transferred;
- to third parties to market their products or services to you if you have not opted out of these disclosures;
- to fulfill the purpose for which you provided your information;
- for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information;
- to other users that you specify may see your personal information;
- with your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- to comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of AOE, our customers, or others.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, commercially reasonable procedures have been put in place to safeguard the information collected online. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Accordingly, we cannot guarantee the security of any information transmitted to or from the Website.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to [email protected] or write us at:
The Art of Education
518 Main Street, Suite A
Osage, IA 50461
Last Updated: August 15, 2017