Master’s degree students who have completed coursework outside of AOEU may request an evaluation for transfer credit. Transfer credit requests are accepted until the Capstone Readiness Checkpoint. All transfer credit requests are reviewed by the Office of the Registrar.
Please note: A minimum of 18 credit hours must be taken through The Art of Education University. Transfer credit is limited. Review the policy in its entirety for details.
Requesting Transfer Credit
Request for transfer credits may be submitted until the Capstone Readiness Checkpoint. The Transfer Credit Request form is required to begin this process. This form is linked below and available on the AOEU website under Registrar. Students must be logged into the AOEU website to access the form. Students are strongly encouraged to complete the form prior to enrolling in additional coursework to ensure transfer. Course details including the course title, description, and a course syllabus are required for the transfer credit approval process. Students
The Art of Education University does not guarantee transfer credit acceptance without prior approval. An official transcript documenting the culminating coursework and grade is required for final processing. Accepted coursework will display on the student’s Course Records page on the AOEU website once processed. Questions concerning transfer credits should be directed to AOEU’s registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org or 515.236.5094.
AOEU Courses from Morningside College
Students may transfer up to 50% of the total degree program credits (or 18 graduate-credit hours) from AOEU courses taken through Morningside as long as the following conditions are met:
- Courses have been completed within five years of the program acceptance date.
- Courses were taken for graduate credit.
- The final grade earned for each potential transfer course is a B(or higher).
Coursework that aligns with and meets the criteria of AOEU programs will be automatically transferred and accepted at program acceptance. Accepted coursework will display on the student’s Course Records page on the AOEU website once processed. A minimum of 18 credit hours must be taken through The Art of Education University.
Please note: Retired AOEU courses will be subject to approval and are not guaranteed to transfer.
Other Colleges and Universities
External coursework may be considered for elective transfer credit if all of the following conditions are met:
- No more than nine graduate credit hours for work completed outside of AOEU may be counted toward an AOEU Master of Arts in Art Education degree.
- Coursework must be graduate level (500-level or above).
- The coursework is completed at a regionally or nationally accredited institution.
- Courses are completed within five years of the program acceptance date.
- The course syllabus and objectives demonstrate learning in the field of art education or another graduate-level topic in the field of education.
- The final grade earned for each potential transfer course is a B (or higher).
- The coursework does not duplicate, overlap, or regress previous work.
- The coursework did not count towards undergraduate graduation requirements.
Please complete the Transfer Credit Request form to request an evaluation of courses from outside institutions. A minimum of 18 credit hours must be taken through The Art of Education University. Students must be logged into the AOEU website to access the form.
All requests for transfer credit and official transcripts documenting credits earned are required to be submitted at least one week prior to the Capstone Readiness Checkpoint.
Criteria for Assessment
All transfer credits must first be officially accepted into the university through the Office of the University Registrar. Students should contact The Art of Education University directly for additional details regarding transfer credit policies at email@example.com. In order for approved transfer credit to be awarded, students must submit a Transfer Credit Request form that includes a course syllabus that aligns to the date the course was taken and official transcripts that clearly indicate all of the following information for each course:
- Course codes or numbers
- Course titles or descriptions
- Final grades earned
- Course credits earned
After acceptance into the program, students with transfer credits will receive an official notification of transfer from the registrar’s office, outlining the credits accepted and the modified program price.
If you have specific questions or concerns not addressed here, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for clarification.