Transfer Credit Policy
Complete the Transfer Credit Request Form to request an evaluation of courses from outside institutions. For an initial evaluation, course details and an unofficial transcript are required. The registrar will provide a response via email to confirm transfer credit acceptance or denial.
An official transcript documenting the culminating coursework and grade is required for final processing. Accepted coursework will be displayed on the student’s course records page once processed. Questions concerning transfer credits should be directed to the registrar at email@example.com or 515.236.5094.
Transfer Credit Requirements
Prospective students are responsible for reporting previously attended colleges and universities for which they wish to have earned credits evaluated for transfer into The Art of Education University’s degree program. Transfer credits can be submitted for review at any point prior to enrollment. If a student does not disclose earned credit from a previously attended college or university prior to program enrollment, they risk taking courses for which they otherwise may have received credit and will not be issued a refund.
Faculty evaluators and the Office of the Registrar review all transfer credit requests. Courses accepted for transfer credit will be reflected on the student’s transcript within 30 days of signing their enrollment agreement. The Dean of Graduate Studies determines the final decision regarding transfer credit appeals.
External coursework may be considered for elective transfer credit if all the following conditions are met:
- Coursework is graduate-level (500-level or above).
- Coursework was completed at an appropriately accredited institution within the past five years.
- Graduate-level coursework completed at The Art of Education University over five years old will be reviewed case-by-case for currency when applied toward program completion.
- The final grade earned for each potential transfer course is a B or higher.
- Coursework does not duplicate, overlap, or regress previous work or core course requirements.
- Coursework did not count toward undergraduate graduation requirements.
- Coursework taken at another institution must be comparable to an AOEU course’s objectives, program learning outcomes, and educational level for their declared degree program.
- No more than nine semester credit hours will be accepted for transfer as electives.
- AOEU courses taken through Morningside University may be assigned a one-to-one course equivalency with AOEU courses. No more than 50% of the program credits may be accepted for transfer credit if they meet the above requirements.
Transfer credit evaluations are valid for 60 days from the date of approval. Students who have transfer credits accepted but do not sign their enrollment agreement within 60 days must re-submit courses for evaluation.
Individual courses taken through The Art of Education University prior to program enrollment are subject to the Transfer Credit Policy. For students who intend to earn a degree at AOEU, a maximum of 50% of the degree program credit hours may be completed prior to enrolling in a degree program. Students who intend to pursue a degree at The Art of Education University are encouraged to apply early in the process to ensure coursework will help them reach their intended goal.
The Office of the Registrar reviews all non-matriculated courses. The Dean of Graduate Studies makes the final decision regarding non-matriculated course transferability appeals.
Students enrolled in degree programs must complete a minimum of 50% of the degree program credit hours with The Art of Education University as the institution of record. Coursework taken through The Art of Education University with a partner institution of record appears as transfer credits on the official transcript. Transfer credits do not count toward the residency requirement.
If you have specific questions or concerns not addressed here, contact firstname.lastname@example.org for clarification.