Introducing a Master’s Degree from The Art of Education University

Hello, I’m Jessica Balsley, Founder, and President at The Art of Education (AOE).

During my second year of teaching art, I began to search for a master’s program. Unfortunately, I found it incredibly difficult to find an affordable online program that pertained to art education. I ended up patching together my own program that ultimately didn’t help me grow as I had hoped. I walked away with the feeling that I, and my fellow art teachers, deserved something better.

In 2011, my husband, Derek, and I founded The Art of Education to improve art teacher professional development. In the years since, countless art teachers have asked for a master’s degree program that is just as relevant to their teaching practice as the other resources, courses, and offerings for which AOE is known. I’m thrilled to announce it’s finally here!

The Art of Education University (AOEU) is proud to offer a 100% online master’s degree just for art teachers!

We’ve spent the past three years becoming institutionally accredited as a 100% independent degree-granting university, allowing us to offer this fully-accredited master’s degree program to art teachers nationwide!

AccreditationLogosHeadline

As we designed this degree, our team thought deeply about what the practicing art teachers of today need. The result is a degree that is every art teacher’s dream.

Here are some unique aspects of AOEU’s master’s degree.

AOEU master's degree

Flexible

The program is flexible in every sense of the word. You can take courses on your own time, on your own schedule, as life permits. Courses start every month, and there are no cohorts. You can graduate in as little as one year or as many as five. It’s up to you.

Relevant

100% of every course is designed specifically for art teachers, and all courses are taught by art educators from around the country. The content isn’t busywork; it’s practical to the real-world challenges art teachers face in the art room every day.

Affordable

You want to earn your degree, but you shouldn’t have to break the bank to do so. Many art education programs cost art teachers between $20,000-$35,000 to attend. The Master of Arts in Art Education from AOEU is only $13,314 + books/materials.

Rigorous

The degree ends with an intense, but meaningful, capstone experience. First, teachers dive deep into their mission and philosophy of teaching. Then, they take a topic of interest and become an art teacher-researcher, presenting and defending their ideas to peers.

This degree will work with your life, and most importantly, you will leave a better, more prepared, and motivated art educator, ready to take on the world! You can start the process of becoming one of the first AOEU students enrolled in the program, here.

This all sounds great, but what about the details?

Here is a quick rundown of some FAQs about the master’s degree.

master's degree

Price

The program is half the cost of other popular programs. Students can complete the entire degree for only $13,314 + books/materials.

Admissions Requirements

The program has a unique and dynamic application process. Applicants are required to create an AOEU account, send official transcripts, demonstrate English language proficiency, and submit a current resume, video of intent, writing sample, and micro portfolio.

Time Commitment

The program is flexible in every sense of the word. You can take courses on your own time, on your own schedule, as life permits.

Course Schedule

Most courses run every month. You can pick the courses you want to take; when you want to take them.

Research Required

In the Capstone Research course, you will prepare and write a timely research paper, and present it to your instructor and peers in a live, virtual classroom.

This is a big decision for me. How do I learn more?

You have access to a team of admissions counselors ready to answer questions about the degree and help you reach your professional goals. Set up a call or email an admissions counselor right now at [email protected].

Contact Admissions

In Closing

For Derek, myself, and the entire AOE team, the three-year rigorous process of becoming accredited and gaining university status has been challenging but incredibly rewarding. We’ve been waiting to share this news with you for a very long time, and we are thrilled and humbled this day is finally here. I can’t say in my wildest dreams I thought I would start a grassroots university for art teachers, but we did it, and this community helped us in ways we can’t even express.

This degree means more art teachers will improve their practice and realize their own big dreams. It means more art teachers will hold a diploma in their hands representing one of the largest achievements they will ever gain as an educator, a graduate degree to stand the test of time.

It’s our hope, as your trusted professional development provider for the past eight years, we are now your “University for Life,” the place you go for resources, PD, and also an advanced degree. It brings us closer than ever to fulfilling the institution’s mission and building the type of university art teachers deserve.

In the years ahead, we look forward to working with you and helping you reach your personal and professional goals!

Cheers,
Jessica R. Balsley
Founder and President
The Art of Education University

Jessica Balsley is the Founder and President at AOE. She is passionate about helping art teachers enhance their lives and careers through relevant professional development.

• Pingback: Introducing The Art of Education University - The Art of Ed()

• Devon

Hello,

I am thrilled that AOE has now become AOEU and offers a masters degree program. AWESOME!

I am a Canadian citizen working in Victoria, British Columbia. What options, if any, do I have with enrolling through AOE? Would the Canadian Teacher Qualification Service recognize this program?

Thanks!

Devon

• Devon

Also, I tried emailing your contact email to no avail! Hoping to have a new contact to send emails to. Thanks!

• Marie-Ève Raymond

Hi I am in Quebec Canada and I have the same question then Devon. This master could be recognize in the Canadian teacher qualification? And how many credits?

• I’m so excited to hear about this new development. This is the type of degree I’ve been looking for. I look forward to talking with AOEU!

• Stacey

Hello,

I just tried to send an email to the address listed above ([email protected]) but it bounced back to me. Is there a better address to email to request a phone conference?

Thank you!

• Andrea Fuentes

This is awesome and much needed!

• felicia

I think the reason the email isnt working is because education is spelled incorrectly. LOL
    Listen… we cant be amazing artists, educators AND great spellers at the same time. So no judgement here!

• Pingback: Art Teachers -Introducing The Art of Education University – Art Projects()

• Carrie

Is this program fully accredited?

• Abby Schukei

The Art of Education University is Accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC). The Distance Education Accrediting Commission is listed by the U.S. Department of Education (USDOE) as a recognized accrediting agency. You can learn more about our accreditation here: https://theartofeducation.edu/masters/accreditation/