Art Teaching Superstar Nic Hahn, an elementary teacher from Minnesota, stopped by the show to offer up her expertise on a variety of subjects. Tim and Andrew talked to her about Artist Trading Card Swaps, her Mini Matisse blog, and the idea of Social Media as Professional Development. Most importantly, the three of them dove into how the little things we do as teachers can have a big impact and create even bigger connections to the world around us.
PODCAST via iTUNES
Here are a few of the articles discussed and a few other gems from the Art of Ed:
- If you loved listening to Nic, her Mini Matisse blog is a great resource!
- If you’re into Artist Trading Cards or just want an explanation of how they work, take a look at this introduction Nic wrote.
- The artist trading cards can be used for a critical thinking exercise, and also as a great way to start your year.
- The Artist Trading Card Swap is well underway: check out the latest update.
- A lot of people were fascinated by the Art Teacher Swap as well. You can see Nic’s articles about that experience here.
- Check out Nic’s favorite digital portfolio sites, Creatubbles and SeeSaw.
- And lastly, don’t forget to drop in on Nic’s favorite PD, the #K12ArtChat on Thursdays!
Check out artofed.dev/aoelive for details on our next upcoming show!
Magazine articles and podcasts are opinions of professional education contributors and do not necessarily represent the position of the Art of Education University (AOEU) or its academic offerings. Contributors use terms in the way they are most often talked about in the scope of their educational experiences.