You must be logged-in in order to download this resource. If you do not have an AOE account, create one now. If you already have an account, please login.Login Create Account
Great! you're all signed in. Click to download your resource.Download
It’s that time of year again! Finding just the right gifts for those nearest and dearest to you can be a struggle, especially with thousands of options available to you online. Yesterday, Jen shared some great DIY gifts. But what if you don’t have the time or energy!? This year, I wanted to save you a little trouble.
1. Art-inspired jewelry to add a little bling to an outfit.
Beautiful options can be found simply by typing in “art teacher jewelry” on Etsy. Best of all, you’ll be supporting another artist directly!
2. Art books to get them inspired.
Seriously guys, there are endless options here: children’s books, non-fiction, fiction, coffee-table, art education, art history, project ideas, and more! Half-price Books always has great finds. If you need more ideas check some of the lists below.
3. This book deserves its own number on the list: Secret Lives of Great Artists by Elizabeth Lunday.
4. Anything from the Unemployed Philosophers Guild to keep them laughing.
5. A Ready-Made Kit to help them learn new skills.
7. Personalized portraits to make them feel special.
While I know most of us can make our own, my favorite personalized portrait artist from Etsy is Christina Flowers. Again, there are so many talented artists doing these, you might have a hard time choosing!
8. Anything Pantone, because…obviously.
(I would choose some stationery!)
9. A pencil roll or crayon/paintbrush bandolier to keep them organized.
10. A 3D Doodler to make them the talk of the art department.
11. An iPad paintbrush + stylus to help them make art anywhere.
12. Personalized paper dolls to show them how much you care.
13. Smart phone camera accessories to take their photos to the next level.
14. An art experience to spend valuable time together.
You can head together to your local museum, local art show, participate in a group art-making session, or sign up for studio classes at your local art center, college, or university!
15. Anything from our fellow art teachers at their Etsy and Facebook stores!
Follow this link to a spectacular treasure trove of links to support your fellow artsy peers!
Now there’s no excuse for not finding the perfect gifts for all the artsy folks on your list. What are you waiting for?! Have fun shopping!
P.S. Don’t forget to visit our gift guide from last year to see wonderful gifts for kids of all ages!
What is the best artsy gift you have ever given or received?
What would you add to the list?
Magazine articles and podcasts are opinions of professional education contributors and do not necessarily represent the position of the Art of Education University (AOEU) or its academic offerings. Contributors use terms in the way they are most often talked about in the scope of their educational experiences.