Tim and Andrew were joined by founder of AOE, Jessica Balsley, as they get the inside scoop on what it’s like behind the scenes of The Art of Education, how we are juggling a teaching career and life and why Jessica is debunking that work-life balance myth.
Jessica lets us in on how we can make peace with this never ending struggle. We had a great conversation about learning to find more time in your day both in the art room and at home…. and do it with a smile! We also talked about accentuating what you do best, avoiding teacher jealousy, and how to plan your ideal day.
Also, give a close listen to see who Jessica has booked as a featured presentation for the AOE Summer Online Conference!
Here are a few of the articles discussed and a few other gems from the Art of Ed:
- If you’re interested in registering for the Summer Online Conference, you can do that here!
- The right attitude is key–look at Jessica’s tips for staying positive!
- Good weeks come from good weekends. Check out what successful teachers do on the weekends.
- But before you get to those relaxing weekends, see what you can remove from your week to make your everyday life a little simpler.
- Lastly, Jessica has put together a great list of ways to teach more mindfully.
- You can also see some reactions to the discussion on Twitter by searching #aoelive.
Check out artofed.dev/aoelive for details on our next upcoming show!
Magazine articles and podcasts are opinions of professional education contributors and do not necessarily represent the position of the Art of Education University (AOEU) or its academic offerings. Contributors use terms in the way they are most often talked about in the scope of their educational experiences.