Art Teacher, Blogger, and Fashion Inspiration Cassie Stephens stops in to AOE LIVE to talk about her fashion creations, her teaching style, her passions, and how to remain authentic as teachers as we tell the stories of how we came to be where we are today.
Here are a few of the articles discussed and a few other gems from the Art of Ed:
- You should definitely start out by checking out “What the Art Teacher Wore” on Cassie’s Blog!
- Check out Jessica’s feature article on Cassie, The Best Dressed Art Teacher You’ve Ever Seen!
- Have you ever wondered–what are The Best Shoes for Art Teacher Feet?
- As long as we’re talking shoes, we should discuss Why Art Teachers and Stilettos Don’t Mix.
- Lastly, Cassie talked about some of the art teachers and blogs that inspire her. You can find almost all of them that she listed (and a plethora of other great reads) in the 2014 AOE Blog of the Year contest.
Some articles to inspire your lessons:
- Here is a list of 33 Fiber Art Ideas, including a link to some of Cassie’s lessons.
- Have you ever had your students attempt to create Wearable Art?
- How (and why) you should be authentic, and be passionate as a teacher.
- Check out Ian’s advice on Foolproof Ways to Help Your Students Discover Their Passion.
- You can also see some reactions to the discussion on Twitter by searching #aoelive.
Check out artofed.dev/aoelive for details on our next upcoming show!
Magazine articles and podcasts are opinions of professional education contributors and do not necessarily represent the position of the Art of Education University (AOEU) or its academic offerings. Contributors use terms in the way they are most often talked about in the scope of their educational experiences.