In this, the pilot episode, Andrew and Tim debut the AOE Live Podcast and take on the subject of classroom management. Special guest Alecia Eggers, elementary teacher, organization extraordinaire, and writer with The Art of Education joins the guys for an in-depth conversation on keeping a positive environment, tips and tricks for classroom management, and how you deal with your worst students. And what does Andrew mean when he says “Kids don’t do ‘nothing’ well?”
Here are a few of the articles discussed and a few other gems from the Art of Ed:
- Ian Sands with The Best Classroom Management Strategies I Never Follow
- Our Guest Alecia Eggers with 5 Books Every Art Teacher Needs to Read and 5 Steps to Take Now to Reduce Management Issues Later
- How to Introduce your Classroom Management Plan by Sarah Dougherty
- 10 Reflections on Classroom Management by Jessica Balsley, as well as How to Cope When Your Classroom Management Plan Fails
- And finally, a spectacular Guest Post by Michael Linsin himself.
- If you’d like to see the books that were discussed, look at Michael Linsin’s website and Dave Burgess’s Teach Like a Pirate.
- And if you’re looking for some relevant, in-depth PD, take a look at The Art of Ed’s Managing the Art Room class.
- You can also see some reactions to the discussion on Twitter by searching #aoelive.
Check out artofed.dev/aoelive for details on our next upcoming show!
Magazine articles and podcasts are opinions of professional education contributors and do not necessarily represent the position of the Art of Education University (AOEU) or its academic offerings. Contributors use terms in the way they are most often talked about in the scope of their educational experiences.